Durham Central Market Board Minutes
July 19, 2011
Present: Robin Arcus
Don Moffitt, Project Manager
Meeting called to order at 6:35 p.m. with a quorum present
1. Unanimous approval of budget presented as the revised budget for first two quarters of 2011-2012
2. Unanimous approval of resolution in support of application to NCGA and to designate project manager to act as designated representative
1. Approval of Minutes – minutes of June meeting were unanimously approved as submitted
2. Committee Reports
a. Finance and Development – written report submitted prior to meeting; next meeting tomorrow at 6 at First Presbyterian; goal to complete financing work by annual meeting;
b. Marketing and Membership – written report submitted prior to meeting; no additional report; annual meeting scheduled for October 23, 2011
c. Product – no report
d. Executive Committee did not meet – no report
3. Project Manager report – written report submitted prior to meeting;
a. Performance Review –Project Manager is requesting feedback from board in the form of performance evaluation; Michael will initiate process and solicit input from executive committee and board;
b. Budget –
4. Office space search –
5. Volunteer Coordinator Search – Stephanie Grant has agreed to take this position.
6. NCGA Application –
The Board of Directors of Durham Central Market supports the application for membership to the NCGA and authorizes Don Moffitt to act as DCM’s designated representative to NCGA
7. Eno Festival Wrap-up – lots of positive energy from volunteers and from share owners; feeling of board is that it is worthwhile to participate in this event in the future
8. Other Business – Pam agreed to substitute for secretary at next meeting.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, August 16 2011 at 6:30 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m.
Submitted by Shelley Beason, secretary
Follow us on Twitter - @DurhamCentMkt
You can now become a Durham Central Market Owner via the website. We offer individual ownerships and business ownerships. Become an owner today by filling out the online DCM Ownership form and pay using a secure Paypal connection, and thanks!! If you would prefer, you can also fill out and print the individual ownership form (pdf) or business ownership form (pdf) and mail it in. Follow the instructions on the form.
Durham Central Market
P.O. Box 25216
Durham, NC 27702-5216
The Owner Investment Campaign is ongoing, offering our owners the opportunity to invest in the co-op. Details on your options for investing are available here.
Email your intention to pledge to firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll walk you through the rest. Together we can build something wonderful!
Oct. 19 - Farmers Market
Durham Central Park
Durham Co-Housing Community
Carolina Farm Stewardship Assoc.
Animal Welfare Approved
Center for Environmental Farming Systems
The Rural Advancement Foundation International (located in Pittsboro, NC)
Slow Food Triangle
Current Amount: 1213